Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Scouting the Territory

As of now i feel that my stereotype topic is not going to work. After googling i feel that it is going to be too difficult to limit my search to only rutgers. Now I feel i want to do my paper on College's reason to keep the drinking age even though everyone knows that no one follows it. I may narrow my focus down to what exactly made the drinking age rise . I found 2 links i really found interesting
http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=11fS--7M1AYC&oi=fnd&pg=PA1&dq=reason+for+alcohol+age+in+college&ots=N32ILrizU0&sig=ezZohEKFqNxjoesLbbAnlmsnV3k#v=onepage&q=&f=false

http://74.125.155.132/scholar?q=cache:v5Oz2VBbL7AJ:scholar.google.com/+alcohol+age+in+college&hl=en&as_sdt=8000000000

both sites were very useful and uncovered the age and morbidities aabout alcohol and the age.

1 comment:

  1. These sources are a good start, and I like that they represent the college administrator's or researcher's perspective (as opposed to just the student perspective) on the drinking issue.

    I have recommended to several others doing this topic that you look into the debate about the Amethyst Initiative which will allow you to situate yourself into a debate with some consequences. The interesting question you might start off with is why some college administrators might be in favor of lowering the drinking age on college campuses? What's in it for the colleges? And do you think that makes sense? What does the other side say?

    ReplyDelete